Sunday, September 07, 2008

Wordle - the new way to waste time online

So, being the nerd I am, I do tend to check in on OfficeTally, the #1 fan blog/news aggregator for my favourite television program, The Office. Tanster, the blogger, has been running a Wordle contest for the last little while. What's Wordle you ask? I was wondering too.

Turns out, Wordle is a somewhat addictive, online word art creator. I did this one by capturing words from my blog's feed. Click for a bigger view.




A few days ago, I did this one by pasting the text of the final proposal scene of Pride and Prejudice into the text space.





Kinda neat, huh?

Added bonus - this is a really good way to avoid the housework/decluttering one is meant to be doing....

2 comments:

Matthew said...

This is a great site, thanks for the link. I've been passing it onto all the artistic people I know and they all think it's really cool.

MadJenny said...

You're welcome!
It is totally addictive. I had to cut myself off. You can keep fiddling trying to get the thing to look perfect forever.