Some of the positive statements this year include:
- I experience the reward of increased energy that comes from dealing with my clutter and staying focused on the task and following through to completion. I set up systems and procedures to maintain my living space in a consistent ongoing way.
- I am guilt-free in letting go of my old stuff.
- We let go of things that no longer give us energy.
My propensity towards pack-rattiness is so hardcore that decluttering my space is quite overwhelming. I've got a plan worked out where I do one small project every day, in the hopes that cumulatively I will get this place decluttered sometime in the next year or so.
- Sunday, September 7 - uninstall window A/C and rearrange the storage cupboard when putting it away to make winter items more easily accessible
- Monday, September 8 - clean off bedside table - throwing away old ticket stubs and receipts that had, for some reason, been residing there.
- Tuesday, September 9 - hunt down and return library materials I've been renewing for far too long and not actually using
- Wednesday, September 10 - Clean out freezer, disposing of freezer-burned remains of packets of frozen vegetables or pierogies that I will never eat, and have no memory of purchasing.
- Thursday, September 11 - clean out top drawer of bathroom storage unit, disposing of no longer elasticky hair elastics, and eye shadows that haven't been worn for two years, not to mention dried up nail polishes.
Look for more updates throughout the fall.