Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tea and Me

Around about this time each year I start to imbibe rather a lot of tea. Why? Because it is a winter drink. A comfort drink. A warm you up on a chilly evening drink. But even more importantly, because this is the time of year the holiday teas start to appear.

Last year I discovered Celestial Seasonings holiday blends. I particularly like the Nutcracker Sweet blend. It tastes lovely and spicy sweet and warm. Also, the Candy Cane Lane green tea is a lovely decaf for the evening. For a special treat I like to make up a pot with a bag of each. It makes a really tasty combination.

This year, I discovered President's Choice Chocolatey Chai tea. It is made with carob and adds a lovely subtle chocolate flavour to a more traditional chai. Really nice.

Which is all not to say that I don't enjoy a lovely cup of Earl Grey with lunch or dinner throughout the year. It is just that the tea drinking becomes more extreme at this time.

3 comments:

Canadian Economist said...

As a coffee drinker (no booing or hissing please), I also like to mix it up over the holiday season. Two additions to a regular cup of java: eggnog and Bailey's are special treats. Sadly, none of these have the antioxidants your teas possess, but tasty all the same.

MadJenny said...

Dear Canadian Economist - the only hot beverage I drink more of than tea is coffee. Can't start the day without it. I too enjoy a nice Coffee and baileys. That particular combination is the only thing that got me through 4th year essay writing season, I'm absolutely certain of it.

False Prophet said...

In 4th year I think I drank 2 pots of espresso a day to get through my essays. One essay required me to spend over 60 hours going through the Minutes of the Allied Combined Chiefs of Staff Meetings from WWII on microfilm. If you think meeting minutes become more interesting in wartime, you are sorely mistaken...