Thursday, November 15, 2007

Monthly New Book Day!!

Today was that beautiful special day again where I get to pick out books to bring home.
The haul was great!

Some of the titles:

  • A is for Angst, by Barbara Haworth-Attard
  • Darkwing, by Kenneth Oppel (voted sexiest Canadian male children's author by librarians everywhere)
  • Jakeman, by Deborah Ellis
  • The Castaways, by Iain Lawrence
  • The Space in Between, by Don Aker
  • A Perfect Gentle Knight, by Kit Pearson
And more, but that is enough to give you the idea.

I'm really excited to read the Barbara Haworth-Attard because when she came to my library a year or two ago she had just finished writing it, and was telling us a little bit about it. It had a different title then, which I rather enjoyed. But this is nice too. The cover is a very shocking pink colour!

I'm also totally stoked for Darkwing, which is a prequel to Oppel's masterful Silverwing books. And I'm not just saying that because I have a startstruck crush on him.

And, A Perfect Gentle Knight. It has been so long since Kit Pearson came out with a stand alone book. I can't wait.

So now the only problem is choosing which to read first! Oh, if only all of life's difficulties were this sweet!

3 comments:

Deranged Squirrel said...

I completely agree with the Kenneth Oppel assessment. I can't wait to read the new Kit Pearson book!

MadJenny said...

And you, lucky duck, saw him in real life! I have only ever admired from afar.

False Prophet said...

I'm still jealous she saw Philip Pullman too...