Thursday, November 01, 2007

All hepped up, and not going on strike

We had our ratification vote tonight for the new and slightly less excellent collective agreement, and we're not striking. So, good news - I can pay my rent! Not so good news? It isn't quite as good an agreement as the one we originally bargained. That being said, it is ok.

At the meeting though, I was watching the hardcore union types - the union staff - the negotiators and chairs. And I was feeling a little nostalgic for the time I would have been in there, one of them, activisting around and being impassioned about something. I don't know, maybe I'll get more involved. Trouble is, when I do get involved in those things, I tend to get involved to the point that I get burnt out, and I don't want to do that again. But maybe a little involvement would be good.

And now I'm all hopped up, from the meeting, and the excitement of the vote. And from the listening to the exciting music in the car as I sailed south on the 400 and then didn't meet one red light on the way down. There's nothing quite like #2 "Dashboard" on Modest Mouse We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank to get someone going. And too bad, because it is almost midnight, and as we won't be on strike or locked out, I have to work in the morning.

No comments: