Thursday, October 18, 2007

The most wonderful day of the month!

Today. This day. Each month, although it has been 4 or 5 since the previous each month, is like Christmas and birthdays and every other present day all rolled into one! Why? Because this is the day I get to pick up all my advanced readers copies and books that are out but not in my library yet. This is the day I borrow hundreds of dollars worth of new books to devour in the next few weeks! Oh joy! Oh bliss!

I wasn't able to go at the end of last spring, and meetings have been cancelled for the summer. So, I had a lot of catching up to do. And boy am I excited with my haul!

Some of the highlights for this month? Oh, where to begin!
Another Kind of Cowboy, by Susan Juby
The Bonemender's Choice, and also, The Warrior's Daughter, by Holly Bennet
Rex Zero King of Nothing, by Tim Wynne-Jones
The Ruby Kingdom
, by Patricia Bow
Schooled, by Gordon Korman
The Space in Between, by Don Aker


And oh so many more.


So, if you don't see me for a little while, you know where I am. Wheeeee!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I'm *so* jealous! That's what I miss most about my bookstore job - the ARCs!

You *have* to read Susan Juby's new book, though. I just loved it!