Monday, August 13, 2007

The Hitching

Well, Saturday was finally the big day - the Wedding we've all be waiting for. W and G got hitched in Kingston under a beautiful blue sky and lovely old trees, and near the water, in front of a beautiful old house. It was really gorgeous.


My uncle and his brother did the ceremony. The music was provided by my aunt, two cousins, and my father. With a prelude song written by the bride and groom and performed by the groom and cousin. The entire bridal party got to witness the license, so all of our signatures are there. And, my other brother R and I got to do the toast at dinner.

For those who followed the saga of the purchasing of the bridesmaid dresses, here they are, in all their glory. I think we chose well. The colour suited all of us, and it was simple yet elegant. And, I could probably get away with wearing it again to other formal events. W's dress was also awesome.

The bridesmaids carried these white and pink bouquets. The bride's was the same, but bigger and with some more green. The pink roses were chosen for two reasons. First, because they were the favourite flower of my grandmother who passed away this Spring. Second, because they are the first flower G ever gave to W.

These are pics from amateur photographers (mostly me). But the real photographer was fabulous. He made everyone feel really comfortable, and the photo shoot proved fun.


And finally, my new sister-in-law, and her sister (my new sister-from-a-different-mister - official technical term, we promise). A goodlooking bunch if I do say so myself. I'm just so excited about it all that I can't put it into words. But, suffice it to say, I'm delighted with my new and improved family

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Aw, I love weddings. Beautiful pictures! :D