Friday, April 27, 2007

My Daemon

Thank you to False Prophet for passing this one on. I can't tell you how excited I am about The Golden Compass movie coming out this December. The Golden Compass and the rest of the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman are, in my opinion, some of the best speculative fiction to have been written. Ever. A Daemon, in His Dark Materials, is the corporeal, animal, representation of one's soul - in fact, it is the external soul. The animal Daemon becomes fixed in one form when the human reaches puberty. The form is representative of the character of the person. So, this is sort of a personality quiz. But it is also fun.


2 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh, I CANNOT wait for this movie too! I love, love, love Pullman's trilogy (except for the last book - I hated his grim hopeless look at the afterlife (or lack of it)).

Maggie said...

P.S. Click on my journal link. You have to see the sneak peak of artwork for my third book I posted! :)