Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter Bunny Parade!

Dear Fans of Geri the Bunny:


Meet Geri the Easter Bunny!



Playing with her bunny chew toy.



Washing her face under the table.


I'm completely distressed about having to go to work tomorrow. I managed to stay in my PJs all day today and it was glorious. We're just finishing watching Easter Parade right now - starring Fred Astaire, Judy Garland, Ann Miller and Peter Lawford. It is a fantastic movie that has very little to do with Easter, other than the fact that it contains the song "Easter Parade". I've been watching the film at least once a year since I was little and my grandmother introduced it to us on a rainy day at the cottage. It is totally worth watching on a number of levels. So watch it.


For those wondering where the reviews are, I'm picking up my first shipment of 2007 teen books on April 19th. In the meantime, I've been reading some adult books, right now I'm rereading Thornyhold, by Mary Stewart. She's one of my favourite authors. I love her Merlin trilogy. Thornyhold is a more modern talk of a woman who inherits her witchy aunt's home, and of her adventures there. The other mystery adventure books are all fantastic too. Sadly, many of them seem to be out of print, so take them out of the library so that they won't get weeded!

I also recently reread Persuasion, by Jane Austen. In the Austen oevre this is probably the most serious and introspective novel, completed not long before her death. It is beautiful, and I find more to love in it each time I reread.

2 comments:

False Prophet said...

Geri has some creepy red eyes there...

Bunnicula Lives!

MadJenny said...

Do NOT speak ill of the bunny!