Sunday, March 11, 2007

Feeling Virtuous

I'm going to take a page out of Librariana's book and blog about food! (speaking of which, Librariana - Why you no post?)

Tonight I ate a very healthy and very yummy dinner! I had salmon fillet, seared with cumin - simple and so tasty. Spaghetti squash mixed with green beans, lightly seasoned - fresh and flavourful. Eggplant, lightly brushed with olive oil, and broiled - crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, delicious. I feel so satisfied, and so healthily full. Cooking fresh, healthy, simple foods really does pay off. And it all took less than half an hour! Too bad salmon doesn't work so well in leftovers, or I'd have made extra to take to work for dinner tomorrow. I'm sure everyone would love the fishy reheating smell in the lunchroom...

And there's more! I am in the process of cooking up some berries I've had in the freezer that I'm going to enjoy warm with some lovely creamy vanilla yogurt. Yay!

I love food.

3 comments:

Deranged Squirrel said...

That sounds delicious, even though I don't generally enjoy fish.

kidletsmum said...

Au contraire... salmon can be awesome in leftovers... in pasta! We always make excess salmon just so we can have salmon pasta the next day. I'm tellin' ya, a little salmon with some steamed broccoli, orange and lemon zest, and some whole wheat penne and you're in for a very tasty treat!

Your dinner sounds deeeelicious, by the way!!!

MadJenny said...

Good to know! I stand corrected. I'd only ever had it just cold or reheated, and either of those isn't super. Reheated is dry dry dry. I shall try the pasta idea next time I have salmon!