Saturday, January 20, 2007

Biliously Nostalgic

I was just responding to an email from my dear friend V, with whom I spent three months backpacking in Europe back in 2002 (V is, sadly, currently living very far away in PEI), and it occurred to me that I used to be a much more fun person to be around than I am now. When did I become so uptight? When did I stop living in the moment? When did I become this person? I used to be silly and crazy, and up for any number of adventures. Now, I mostly just want to get a good night's sleep and maybe do some reading and watch my favourite programs on the telly. When did I become a biddy? Seriously? Is this growing up? Or am I in a rut? I don't know. Don't get me wrong. I was always a bookworm with a homebody streak. I was always shy. But, I don't know, it wasn't always like this.

So, new goal for this year - be a fun person to spend time with. Get out of boring being a stick-in-the-mud stereotypical librarian mode, and have adventures. And I'm taking the rest of you librarians with me**. So look out.






** Not that I think you're boring - but you have to admit - we don't get out much.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

LOL! None of that's supposed to happen till you have kids. ;)

MadJenny said...

I know!!!! That's the problem! If I had kids there'd be an excuse.;)

kidletsmum said...

I have a kid... and I want to be taken along on this return to funsville. I might be the most boring person I know.

Deranged Squirrel said...

I am not opposed to getting out more. I am concerned, however, that getting out more may (gasp) involve meeting new people.

MadJenny said...

Gasp!!!

Not new people!

Whatever would we do with new people?

I know, the thought is a little scary isn't it. Perhaps we'll try that part South of Steeles
.....(shudder)...

BTW - the host of that talk show today went bowling at the Vaughan Mills place you were talking about last Saturday - apparently there is a DJ. Bizarre.