Monday, December 11, 2006

Bunny-Sitting

I just realized how long it has been since I last reviewed a book. Shameful. But, being tired and Novembery lately, I've been reading old favourites. I'm just finishing up Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small quartet right now, and then I promise to go on to something new. I've been hearing great things about Beth Gooby's new book Hello Groin, so I might read that next.

Anyway, one of the reasons I've been tied up is this little lady:


Geri the bunny is in her troublesome teen times right now, and she's figured out that I'm more scared of her than she is of me. She needs to get out of the cage (resort sized) to exercise, but she sure as heck doesn't like to get back in. And she let's me know. I have the war wounds to prove it. But, I like to think that while she has won some battles, I have been winning the war. She is currently in the cage, fed for the night, and staying there. The apartment has been totally taken over by her needs - I've got barricades so she can't get into places with too many electrical cords, plants in high places so she can't chew them if they are toxic, doors that are never shut closed at all times, etc. Having an animal completely changes how you live. But she is cute.

I'm bunny-sitting her until next Saturday. I don't think I'll be getting any bunnies of my own in the foreseeable future. But, it is kind of fun to practice being a pet owner.

Also this weekend was the family Christmas tea party (extended family, third and fourth cousins), my first viewing of The Nutcracker for the year (excellent, go see it if you can still get tickets - National Ballet version), my parent's choir's annual Christmas play (starring my D. this year! - aww), and a lot of decorating the B-Town house. Oh, and I spent a long time at the car place sitting around while they changed my oil and did all those other fun things included in the Winterising check-up. A small child there decided I was her friend and kept coming over to show me things. I think they can smell the other children on me. She didn't talk to any of the other adults there.

4 comments:

kidletsmum said...

Cute bunny!!! I just read on BBC that rabbits are the most abused house pet. Who could abuse a cute little bunny???
I think the Christmas bunny photo should have a future on Christmas cards...

Maggie said...

I love Beth Goobie! Get reading. I want to hear that review. ;)

P.S. Cute bunny!

Joe said...

I would wager bunnies are the most abused housepet because they are the most edible housepet. ;-)

MadJenny said...

Vicious! Although I do know a family who had pet rabbits and didn't find out that they had just eaten their pets until after the dinner when they noticed the cage wasn't around... ewwww.

This bunny has abused me mercilessly, so I can see how if a kid was dealing with her and she lashed out with tooth and claw the way she has at me, they might easily drop it. Which would be accidental abuse.