Sunday, November 26, 2006

One month to Christmas

Well, this was quite a full little weekend.

On Friday, some of the craftier librarians and friends made a trek to the One of A Kind Show. Where, it turns out, I hardly bought anything. So, I think I shall have to go back at some point. Not sure when. But it will happen.

When I got home, there was a call saying that brother #1 and fiancee were at the parental units house and that brother #2 would be coming in later - I immediately jumped in the car for the impromptu reunion, where I got introduced to the new engagement ring which is a lovely and elegant diamond solitaire. We played "outburst" (1989 edition) which claims to be for children under 10, but is in actuality very hard. We also played "Sorry" which is not hard, but always exciting.




On Saturday night I went to see the Burlington Civic Chorale give a mixed-bill concert of Spirituals and Opera choruses. Sounds weird. Worked really well. The director is also a professorial-research-type-person, so he gave all sorts of really cool insight that I have now forgotten into the ways in which the two seemingly disparate musics are similar. The real reason I mention this is that the Mezzo Soprano soloist, Christina Stelmacovich, had the most beautifully powerfully movingly amazing voice you can imagine. Run, don't walk, if you ever have a chance to see her perform.

This morning, however, I woke up with a sore swollen burny feeling throat and puffy feeling face. Dang it. I'm hoping that I'll sleep it off before tomorrow. There is too much to do to call in sick. Plus being home sick is boring.

Despite this setback, however, I did decide to get the Christmas Tree out. I think it looks quite nice. I've rearranged the furniture since last year, but I think the spot it has will work out alright.
Have you ever noticed how impossible it is to take a good picture of small lights within a dark area?

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Hey, I think Barb was at that One of a Kind show. Did you see her? :)

librariana said...

I love the tree! Want to come over and help me with mine?

MadJenny said...

Maggie - No. Sadly I did not see Barb. She wasn't exhibiting her quilts or anything was she? I'd hate to have missed that.

Librariana - Ha. I'd love too! But I think miss A.K. is the true reigning champion of tree decorating :)

Maggie said...

No, no, she was just there to look. :)