Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My new drug of choice...

In the grand old tradition of becoming completely obsessed with certain pastimes upon first encountering them, I have spent more time than I would care to admit looking at bridesmaid dresses online in the last couple days. Why? Because I am going to be a bridesmaid, and the bride-to-be and other bridesmaids have begun to discuss styles and colours and such. The first thing I've noticed is that I never knew there was so much expensive ugliness in the world. The second thing is that most weddings must be a whole lot more formal than any I've ever attended. The third is that there are a lot of really lovely dresses out there and it is probably going to be very hard to get 4 people with different tastes, shapes, and sizes to fit into anything.
That said, I'm excited. And this shopping is going to be fun. Right now, we're thinking of something along the lines of this, which I rather like.
But, I need to kick the Internet searching habit. It is taking up way too much of my time.

2 comments:

kidletsmum said...

Oooooo, what pretty dresses! I love the Lyndsey... gorgeous! I was only once a bridesmaid, and under duress, so I feel I've never REALLY had the experience. Here's an idea-- you could all have different dress styles but made in the same fabric and colour. A cousin of mine did that with her bridesmaids to accomodate varying sizes and tastes... and it looked really nice!

Maggie said...

I LOVE those dresses! You could wear them after the wedding too. :D