Friday, November 17, 2006

Girls Night Out

Well, this evening I was out with my mom, my aunt, and my cousin. I don't think that has ever happened before. I mean we've been places, but not without the dads and uncles and brothers and so on. It was quite nice really.

We went to a woman's home in Oakville to do a little in home shopping. I think she is the owner of Stuff Limited. It was very lovely. They had wine and hot cranberry cider, and crackers and cheese and chutneys and other little yummies. And they had a lot of their products displayed beautifully around the house. Sadly, a lot of the nicest stuff is not visible on their current web catalogue, which is a little lacking. The prices were excellent. So I did a little Christmas shopping, and tried on a bunch of jewelry and wraps and scarves and such. (And picked out a nice necklace and earring set that I am meant to forget between now and Christmas - Yippee!!). Being Oakville it was all tres chic, and I felt slightly gungy in my jeans, but what can you do.

Then we went to a little Greek restaurant around the corner for a bite to eat, where I had my first Falafel sandwhich since I was in Turkey a few years back. Yummm. I think the best Falafel I ever had was from a slightly questionable street vendor in Amsterdam. But this was quite good too.

Then I came home to spread out the laundry that didn't have time to dry earlier, in hopes that it not get all gross and dank smelling. The necessities of life do have a way of intervening, don't they.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I'd never been to Oakville till this past summer when I did a presentation at their public library, and, wow, I just thought it was the cutest little town. I loved the way you could go down to the beach and see Toronto. :D

kidletsmum said...

Oh, falafel. I haven't had a falafel since I was in London, Ontario in June. There's a place there with the best falafel EVER. Though I live in Turkey, I've never had falafel here. Never seen a place that sells it. Odd, ain't it?

MadJenny said...

I think the Turkey falafel was probably in a touristy place. Probably in Istanbul in the Sultanhamet area.
I'm not sure which country cuisine falafel actually belongs to, come to think of it.
I'd forgotten how much I like falafel, I think I'll have to work it into the repertoire more often again.

kidletsmum said...

MadJenny??? You haven't posted in ages... are you okay?

MadJenny said...

Sorry K - I is ok. Just uninspired...