Friday, September 01, 2006

My mother's garden

So, I'm at my parents' house, and their garden looks so nice that, in my ecstacy with the new camera, I've taken a few pics.






It was even more gloriously coloured earlier in the summer, but I can't get over how lush the place is. Gorgeous.

I promise to get off the camera kick soon, and also to post reviews for some more books. But, you see, I've been reading short stories again, and it takes forever to get through the book!

What else. Well, the other day I watched Tristram Shandy: a Cock and Bull Story. Didn't like the book. Was intrigured by the idea of the movie. Fell asleep despite the presence of the delicious Jeremy Northam (who would have made a perfect Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter franchise I think). So, not really worth it unless you really like the book.

Also, I watched Derailed recently, which was the "thriller" featuring the ever over-exposed Jennifer Aniston and Sir sexy himself, Clive Owen. Also not really worth wasting the hour and a half or whatever it was. It was predictable and dull I thought.

And, my baby brother had his wisdom teeth out yesterday (baby I say, but he's 20 and half a foot taller than me). So, while he was recuperating on the couch we watched an old tape with The Little Mermaid - so excited about the 2 disc special edition coming out this fall - and Land Before Time (I only caught part of that one). It was great to just sit around reliving childhood favourites. Such a relaxing holiday day-off, even if the poor kid looks and feels like a chipmunk.

Tomorrow I am off to the cottage for three days - the last of the summer. It is supposed to rain. Is it wrong that I secretly really like being at the cottage in the rain?

More soon.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

You want to see a surprisingly good movie? Rent 'Matador' with Pierce Brosnan.

P.S. You parent's garden is gorgeous!

MadJenny said...

I think I'm on the waiting list for that at the library. Thanks for the suggestion!