Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The good news is that you're not having a heart attack

"The good news is that you're not having a heart attack,......................................... and you don't have pneumonia. The bad news is .............................. ............................................. .............. .......... ........ .............................. that you're a perfectly normal human being." ~ the doctor at the walk-in clinic.

So, you may remember my saying that I had a cold last week. Despite the copious amounts of Tylenol Cold, Vicks, etc., that I've been taking to make me functional. Not to mention the vast amounts of sleeping that I've been doing. It is still hanging on. And, last evening at work my chest was feeling tight and sore, so the motherly types that I work with talked me into going to the walk-in clinic on the way home. One of our coworkers (yes, the usual suspect - if it's not a broken collar bone it's a worse illness than anyone else happens to have) has bronchitis, so we're all a little paranoid. And, just my luck, I get a "funny" doctor. Is being a walk-in clinic doctor so boring that one feels the need to torture hypochondriac patients with long dramatic pauses and hyperbolic statements causing them to think that this time they may actually be suffering from life threatening illnesses????

Anyway, the diagnosis is that my dry cough has caused muscle ache in the lung area, and I'm to take Advil cold & sinus instead of Tylenol because it helps more with the muscle ache, being that it is an anti-inflammatory. He didn't seem at all concerned with the fact that the bloody cold just won't go away already.

Also, I know the full moon isn't until Friday. But really, I think it's effects are already being felt. We had demon children at our library tonight - ripping down posters and displays, taking entire shelves worth of books and throwing them on the floor, screaming and crying and carrying on, adults knocking things over, computers malfunctioning right, left, and centre, the guy who harasses one of the pages showing up, people getting cuts and scrapes. And no security guard (why would he be there when we actually need him?) and no second librarian at the end. I thought the night would never end.

End rant.

2 comments:

kidletsmum said...

I'm very pleased to hear that you have not had a heart attack. I would have missed you.

MadJenny said...

Thanks! What with not having been worried about having a heart attack to begin with, it was a huge relief to find I wasn't having one.