Monday, August 28, 2006

A Day Off

So today was the first day I have had completely off and at home all summer. It is the first day I have been in town and have had no commitments. It was great. I slept in till about 10:30 (gasp!). I lounged and watched bad television. I went to the shops and bought myself a digital camera!!!

With the wedding coming up, and with a baby shower that I failed to take pictures at and at least one more on the way, and with my old camera being in rough shape (after falling into a river, or rather, joining me on a fall into a river, among other catastrophes), and with a number of other ideas in mind, I decided it was time. AND I was a fantastic shopper! I wound up getting it at The Source. It was on sale. They only had the floor model left, and I bargained, and I got the camera, a case, and a 512 mb memory card (about 200 pictures), and taxes, for under the original price of the camera alone, before taxes. I've never done that before. Usually I wind up getting practically swindled because I'm too shy to say anything. Very proud of self right now.

So earlier this evening I went for a walk in one of my favourite places in Toronto, and here are the pics to prove it. Welcome to The James Gardens!



A part of the gardens that I think of as the Alice in Wonderland section. It has formal plots and walkways, with ancient looking bridges, ponds and waterfalls, and a hint of delicious chaos.

And, because I love taking pictures of flowers, I'm posting some close-ups:



I have more, but for some reason they won't upload to Blogger. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

kidletsmum said...

beeeeeautiful pics Jenn! I love them! I will now live vicariously through you... we have nothing lush or green or flowery here right now...